Nuremberg Metropolitan Region
23 administrative districts and 11 independent cities work together in partnership and on an equal footing with the business community. The democratically legitimised core is the Council of the Metropolitan Region, consisting of 57 (lord) mayors and district councillors of the member municipalities. In eight decentrally organised expert forums, more than 400 representatives from business, science and culture assume responsibility for the region. The partnership-based cooperation between city and state on an equal footing is a key feature of this.
As a “home for creative minds”, the Nuremberg Metropolitan Region wants to be the preferred home region for talented and committed people from all over the world.
The work is oriented towards five strategic goals:
- Strength through polycentralism
- Exemplary culture of welcome
- Most family-friendly metropolitan region
- Top in innovative strength
- Intelligent infrastructure
Future issues are dealt with in five fields of action: Innovative Strength, Mobility Change and Climate Protection, Sustainable Quality of Life, Cultural Development and New Work.
- Area: 21,800 sq km
- Population: 3.6 million
- Population density: 164 p.e./sq.km
- GDP: €147 billion
- Employed persons: 2 million (2018)
- GDP / employed person: 71,225 €
- Unemployment rate: 3.6 % (06/2021)
- Students at universities: 100,000